Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Z.E.R.T. Member
    Likes (Received)
    Add Loki on Facebook
    My bad.
    Memento Mori!!!

Likes (Received)
    Add CO211 on Facebook
    I think as long as there are patch guidlines for placement of the official ZERT patch and flag, then it doesn't matter if you wear black (I do), camo or flannel pajamas. Bottom line, zombies are looking for food, so proper concealment depends on your environment.
    Sooner or later, someone will enact a Zombie Sensitivity class and give them their own tax code.

Z.E.R.T. Member
    Likes (Received)
    Add Loki on Facebook
    Yes but at the same time, you have the possibility that it wouldn't just be zombies you'd have to worry about and that's when proper blending comes into play.
    Memento Mori!!!

Likes (Received)
    Add Vendetta on Facebook
    Agree with Loki......I for one wear 5.11 Tacs daily for work.

Dri-Fit Polos go along with that for me daily also.

People already look at me funny when I'm out and about...hahaha

Honestly, just like the military has different camo patterns for different branches and different climates/terrain......ZERT isn't held to JUST 1 uniform. As has been previously stated, the photo posted is a GUIDELINE for where to place your patches, etc....it is not a requirement.
    -V-
    Y1723

Z.E.R.T. Member
    Likes (Received)
    Add Loki on Facebook
    I tend to lean toward multi-cam and the like for working in woodlands and such. Desert wise I'd like a old set of chips but those are a pain to find however they have some new stuff out that I'm gonna look into. It looks like brushed sand, they sell some of it at Tactical Tailor. However tans and such would probably work. Your darker colors tend to work well at night so long as they aren't darker than the colors you will have for a back drop.

As for civie stuff yeah I tend to wear my 5.11 pants and shirts, namely because I keep my pistol on me as much as possible when I'm state side. Plus well a good pair of boots goes a long way, so does a good light jacket for keeping things concealed.
    Memento Mori!!!

Ottawa Valley, Ontario & Orange County, California
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by CO211 View Post
    ... it doesn't matter if you wear black (I do), camo or flannel pajamas.
    Greeeeeeeat...now I'm going to be known as the "Flannel Pajama Zombie Killer". My mother would be so proud.

X816 - Orange County, CA

"... he who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honour by nonviolently facing death may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden. He has no business to be the head of a family. He must either hide himself, or must rest content to live for ever in helplessness and be prepared to crawl like a worm at the bidding of a bully. (YI, 11-10-1928, p342)" - Ghandi

Likes (Received)
    Add Vendetta on Facebook
    I couldn't have said it any better Loki!!
    -V-
    Y1723

Z.E.R.T. Member
    Likes (Received)
    Add Loki on Facebook
    I try to keep it simple and honest.
    Memento Mori!!!

Likes (Received)
    Add Blakjak313 on Facebook Visit Blakjak313's Youtube Channel
    New here so I probably don't carry any weight yet when I say this but I'd agree that I don't think there should be any set standard pattern or type of uniform. Every location is going to be different for every operator. Therefore I think every operator should dress accordingly. Having said that, I do think there should be a standard as far as patch placement when able to use patches. Some people's pajamas don't have Velcro. Lol. But I think a standard patch placement is a good idea. This is a big group of people and I think there should be at least some form of uniform, patch-wise. Just my two cents.

Likes (Received)
    Add jason0911 on Facebook
    yeah im just going with the whole multicam setup..and ill wear the patches how they look on the pic one the first page..

Z.E.R.T. Member
    Likes (Received)
    I've got my patches on a dark blue carhart jacket but I'm sure I'll be taking them off and going all black with it maybe even getting more for warmer weather.

Z.E.R.T. Member
    Likes (Received)
    Add salernoanthony on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakjak313 View Post
    Some people's pajamas don't have Velcro.
    Your pajamas don't have velcro? gotta get the high speed pajamas!
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
    George S. Patton

Likes (Received)
    Bermuda shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, yup that's it Ill just wear that and sew Velcro on them for patches! That way no one has to worry if they are wearing the right camo or tactical clothes (or pajamas) if I'm ever in the room! Besides I would probably be the safest person in the world dressed like that with the patches and firearms on me! (who would be ballsy enough to go after a whack job that looked like that)!

XP001
    Likes (Received)
    Add HMFIC on Facebook Check out my website Visit HMFIC's Youtube Channel
    Great Thread Gents!!

Mr. Wolf Said it best! The Uniforms and Units Logos are all from the ZERT Graphic Novel I started writing last year and morphed into the Z Machine.

My Biggest thing is for the ZERT Patch to be wore always on the Right Sleeve, Flag and Call Sign on your Left ( I know the Military is opposite )

If you Look at the First ZERT CQB Class Last Year, 23 Plank Owners were to spec and it looked Sex!! But not mandatory

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

I dont care what ya wear as long as you represent the Z Machine with Professionalism!

But Try to look sexy guys
    http://s673.beta.photobucket.com/use...40ff0.jpg.html

XP001
    This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
    Great Thread Gents!!

Mr. Wolf Said it best! The Uniforms and Units Logos are all from the ZERT Graphic Novel I started writing last year and morphed into the Z Machine.

My Biggest thing is for the ZERT Patch to be wore always on the Right Sleeve, Flag and Call Sign on your Left ( I know the Military is opposite )

If you Look at the First ZERT CQB Class Last Year, 23 Plank Owners were to spec and it looked Sex!! But not mandatory

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

I dont care what ya wear as long as you represent the Z Machine with Professionalism!

But Try to look sexy guys
    http://s673.beta.photobucket.com/use...40ff0.jpg.html

XP001
    Not sure about me being able to look sexy, but I know I can look professional!

Likes (Received)
    So, If I want to look High Speed, Low Drag, I can show up in a Speedo and swim cap, right? Just stick that zert patch to the mat of back hair on my shoulders?
    X816 - Orange County, CA

"... he who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honour by nonviolently facing death may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden. He has no business to be the head of a family. He must either hide himself, or must rest content to live for ever in helplessness and be prepared to crawl like a worm at the bidding of a bully. (YI, 11-10-1928, p342)" - Ghandi

Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedediah Zompoc View Post
    So, If I want to look High Speed, Low Drag, I can show up in a Speedo and swim cap, right? Just stick that zert patch to the mat of back hair on my shoulders?
    Just make sure you're wearing closed toe shoes and can securely hold the required magazines in your speedo.
    And they rained upon the enemies of Freedom, falling from the night skies.Silent diving raptors, with dark wings unfurling,checking their descent at the last second and landing unseen by the living, only to vanish as wolves hunting elusive prey.
    ZERT PLANK OWNER

Likes (Received)
    Add Irish on Facebook
    wow bad mental picture
    THE M67 FRAGMENTATION GRENADE
    When "FUCK YOU" simply isn't getting the point across

Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    wow bad mental picture

This picture?
    X816 - Orange County, CA

Likes (Received)
    Add Irish on Facebook
    Exactly....
    THE M67 FRAGMENTATION GRENADE
    When "FUCK YOU" simply isn't getting the point across

Likes (Received)
    This is me in what I will call my uniform. It is about as far as I am gonna go with it. I might switch up a few items here and there but Im not going full on uniform.

P.S. Im a fat guy!!!
    Victus Mortuus Venator - Living Dead Hunter

Likes (Received)
    I wouldn't mind running some BDU pants But I really do prefer jeans/ shirt or cargo pants/shirt... As a civie, I've just never been into tactical clothing.. and living in urban/suburban area I think normal clothing is the best camo... Tho I have been wearing my ZERT shirt to all my local training classes.. Proof

Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash(TheMan) View Post
    P.S. Im a fat guy!!!
    No we aren't, we are well suited (and insulated) for our AO.
    X816 - Orange County, CA

Likes (Received)
    Add Jimbo6661 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by salernoanthony View Post
    Speaking of working together when SHTF, does anyone have any comms, I own a Motorola UHF that I can field program, just wondering if anyone else has anything along those lines....might be a post in the wrong cat but yeah..
    I have a set of midland radios I use for comms incase I get separated from my team.

Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo6661 View Post
    I have a set of midland radios I use for comms incase I get separated from my team.
    We fight with what we have, not with what we want. I train with an LC9 and a suit jacket. Because it's what I wear when not in street garb.

Likes (Received)
    Add 19Delta6Cav on Facebook
    I belived when we started it was stated as uniform an placements of patches, so we had some considtant professional appearances. Regardless of color of clothes.The shield was on right shoulder and flag, call sign tab an Zert tab on the other..Again regardless of patch color or clothes, The Professional image Remains.I wear all the patches for formal or dress, rest of time usally one of many Zert Shirts, camo or black or tan pants.Ive gotten compliments for Presentation.Thanks All.

Likes (Received)
    Add 19Delta6Cav on Facebook
    Theres is a basic patch placement guide we understand, when we join, regardless of color, cammo or uniform, tavtical vests may very with short shirts.Maintains.Proffesional Company Apperance

YP079
    Likes (Received)
    There is a picture floating around of a uniform placement guide to patches.

Likes (Received)
    It seems that you all have good ideas in your own right, but as Mr. Wolf said, there is only the basic 3 patch placement that is standard. That being said how would any of you feel about asking XP101 if there any plans for an Official DRESS UNIFORM for the guys?

Z.E.R.T. Member
    Likes (Received)
    Add Loki on Facebook
    Christ why would you want a dress uniform? I do every thing I can to keep from having to wear my ASU's now.
    Memento Mori!!!

Z3870
    Likes (Received)
    Just kinda curious the significance of the flag on the left sleeve

Likes (Received)
    Add Stick on Facebook Visit Stick's Youtube Channel
    The flag is worn on the left sleeve because it is closest to your heart and the field of stars should be facing forward always advancing never retreating. As far as a "dress uniform" goes a suit, tie and a ZERT lapel pin is what I would consider our dress uniform.
    "When the government violates the people's rights, insurrection is, for the people and for each portion of the people, the most sacred of the rights and the most indispensable of duties."

Marquis De Lafayette.

Likes (Received)
    My "Massif" FR long sleeve is set-up backwards too what everyone's talking about here. My large Velcro patch only fits on the right arm.... No biggie right?

I've never been a huge fan of uniforms, I just like to wear what's comfortable and trust me... My flame resistant shirt is quite comfortable in post apocalyptic America
    Don't lie too yourself, it gave you pleasure

Likes (Received)
    I wear and make tactical Kilts. So that's what I wear.

Z.E.R.T. Member PuyallupJeepGuy's Avatar
    Likes (Received)
    waiting on "Road Rash" uniform to be released sometime this year.
    The Apocalypse came and went and the only thing that didn’t survive were the Twinkies

Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I wear and make tactical Kilts. So that's what I wear.
    pics or ban!
    Don't lie too yourself, it gave you pleasure

Likes (Received)
    Add JPOC on Facebook Visit JPOC's Youtube Channel
    ZC2632